WATCH: AC Bonifacio’s ‘How You Like That’ dance cover hits 2M views

AC Bonifacio in her dance cover of BLACKPINK’s “How You Like That” (Image: screengrab from YouTube/Andree Bonifacio)

AC Bonifacio’s stunning dance cover of BLACKPINK’s recently released hit “How You Like That” has reached more than 2 million views on YouTube in just three days.

The young dancer wowed fans on YouTube last Wednesday, July 1, with her take on the Korean girl group’s choreography, which she showcased in a well-produced video that drew inspiration from K-pop music videos.

“Hey guys! Finally after the long wait, the queens now have a comeback that we all have waited for,” Bonifacio said of the BLACKPINK song, which is the group’s first single since the release of “Kill This Love” in April 2019.

“The song is about eagerness and confidence, ‘to rise high in the midst of darkness.’ I found strength through Blackpink’s music that even in the darkest times we should persevere and fight through. So, here’s a dance cover of Blackpink’s newest song, How You Like That!!” she enthused.

Bonifacio danced to and even lip-synced the song in the Chapters PH-produced video, which featured flawless set and outfit changes, akin to the real BLACKPINK music video.

The K-pop group recently earned five Guinness World Record titles with the music video for “How You Like That,” including being the most viewed video, music video and K-pop video on YouTube in 24 hours.

The music video is also the fastest video ever on YouTube to reach 100 million views with the record time of only 32 hours, according to YG Entertainment.

Bonifacio, a known Blink (BLACKPINK fan), was among the local celebrities spotted at the Korean girl group’s concert in the Philippines last year.

The 17-year-old dancer, who currently has almost 1.6 million subscribers on YouTube, also previously made dance covers of other BLACKPINK

Read More

Raptors’ Siakam, Anunoby hope to reach new heights in restart

TORONTO – Looking at the Toronto Raptors team that won it all last season and the 2019-20 squad that is trying to repeat, and you’ll see quite a few similarities.

Obviously, Kawhi Leonard is no longer on the team, but much of the championship core remains intact – only now they have the added benefit of title-winning experience.

Like Leonard last season, it’s clear Pascal Siakam will be the team’s horse come playoffs.

The fourth-year forward has had a bit of a roller-coaster season as he adjusted to being the team’s top offensive option but, all things considered, has had success in the new role, leading the Raptors in scoring with a 23.6 point-per-game average and earning his first-ever all-star nod – as a starter, no less.

More pertinent to the scenario that’s ahead of him in the playoffs, Siakam has also been one of the Raptors’ top performers in high-pressure situations. Siakam has scored 74 points – good for second-most on the team – on 51 per cent shooting in minutes that NBA.com defines as “clutch.”

So while it’s true that Siakam has gone through his fair share of growing pains this season, when it’s mattered most he’s definitely shown up, and unless that drastically changes, there’s no reason to believe Siakam’s crunch-time heroics won’t translate to the post-season, either.

“I feel like I’ve been getting attention pretty much all season long and it’s something that I’m definitely working on,” Siakam said in a conference call Friday. “Obviously, the playoffs is more specific in terms of preparation and teams are going to be ready with different things. I think I’m just going to take it a day at a time and, obviously, I know the actions I’m involved in and how teams usually guard me. (I’m) definitely

Read More

Jimmie Johnson 1st NASCAR driver to test positive for coronavirus

INDIANAPOLIS — Seven-time NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson has tested positive for the coronavirus and will miss this weekend’s race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The 44-year-old Johnson is the first driver in any NASCAR series to test positive and the news cast a shadow over the historic NASCAR-IndyCar doubleheader races coming up Saturday and Sunday. There was no indication any races would be affected.

Hendrick Motorsports said Johnson will not return until he is cleared by a physician. Has no symptoms, but was tested today after his wife tested positive.

Johnson earlier Friday held a Zoom session with reporters to discuss Sunday’s race and an upcoming test of an Indy car on the road course at the fabled venue. He will now miss that test, as well as what was supposed to be his final Brickyard 400. Justin Allgaier will replace him Sunday in the No. 48 Chevrolet.

Johnson is scheduled to retire from full-time NASCAR competition at the end of the season and was trying to tie Jeff Gordon and Michael Schumacher as the only five-time winners at Indianapolis.

Johnson has made 663 conscutive Cup Series starts — the longest streak among active drivers — and is currently 12th in the standings, 63 points inside the playoff picture. NASCAR’s rules state a driver must be symptom free and have two negative coronavirus tests in a 24-hour span to return.

Johnson could potentially also miss the Cup race at Kentucky and the All-Star race at Bristol. Next week’s test of the road course at Indy in Scott Dixon’s car has also been scrapped.

NASCAR was one of the first sports to resume competition from the pandemic shutdown and has completed 11 Cup races since its May 17 return. The sanctioning body does not test for coronavirus but participants are required to

Read More