Kim Chiu says goodbye to paternal grandmother: ‘Rest well in heaven, ama’

Kim Chiu with her grandmother. Image: Instagram/@chinitaprincess

Kim Chiu has announced the death of her grandmother, stating that her granny “slept peacefully, and little did she know she would wake up in heaven.”

The actress honored her paternal grandmother Francisca “Ayling” Chiu by playing the Chinese song “Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin” for a video tribute, as seen on her Instagram post last Monday, Aug. 10.

Her grandmother, who used to live in Cebu, passed away at the age of 85.

“I know that is one of your favorite songs and you always smile whenever I perform a [Chinese] song,” Chiu said.

The “Love Thy Woman” star also included several of her and her family’s bonding moments with their grandmother in the montage.

“Rest well in heaven, ama!” the actress added. “You don’t have to wait anymore sa (for the) sunrise ug (and) sunset. I guess in heaven [the] sun is always shining.”

The “Pinoy Big Brother” winner mentioned her four other siblings after thanking her grandma for taking care of her and the rest of their family. Chiu then showed a snippet of what appears to be their grandmother’s funeral, which her family was only able to attend via video call.

“Felt hard to say goodbye. Felt even harder that this happened in this kind of situation,” the actress said. “We were not able to fly there to whisper our last goodbye.”

“I will miss you ama,” she added. “Visiting Cebu will never be the same again.”

Kim’s older sister, Lakambini Chiu, also expressed her love for their grandmother and how the older woman taught her “what life is all about,” as per her Instagram post on Aug. 10.

Chiu and her siblings grew up under the guidance of their paternal grandmother after their parents separated. In

Read More

Portugal ready for Champions League after subduing virus

A bus carrying the Atalanta soccer team arrives at the Pina Manique stadium in Lisbon for a training session, Tuesday Aug. 11, 2020. Atalanta will face PSG in a Champions League quarterfinals match on Wednesday in Lisbon. (AP Photo/Armando Franca)

LISBON, Portugal-— Seen as an example for the rest of Europe, Portugal successfully controlled the coronavirus pandemic — and earned the right to host the world’s most important club soccer tournament.

Portugal will take the center stage from Wednesday when eight of Europe’s best teams start fighting for the coveted Champions League title amid strict health protocols.

Thanks in part to its handling of the pandemic, Portugal was chosen by UEFA to stage the mini-tournament in two Lisbon stadiums over the next two weeks. Despite the country’s success, there will be no fans for this week’s quarterfinals, next week’s semifinals and the Aug. 23 final.

Portugal avoided the problems that hit other southern European countries such as Italy and neighboring Spain, where the known combined COVID-19 death toll surpassed 63,000.

There have been fewer than 2,000 registered deaths in Portugal, which took quick action when the pandemic started to hit nearby countries and even though only a few cases had been reported locally.

“We are only able to host these Champions League matches because of the good behavior of the Portuguese people in the fight against the pandemic,” Portuguese Football Federation president Fernando Gomes said.

“The matches will be seen by hundreds of millions of people, helping to underline and reinforce the positive image that Portugal has given the world during a period that has been particularly difficult and demanding for everyone.”

The final was originally scheduled to take place at Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul. Madrid was among cities which also wanted to host the reshaped mini-tournament.

Portugal, a

Read More

Mike Tyson-Roy Jones Jr. exhibition rescheduled

FILE PHOTO: Boxing .Former boxer Mike Tyson before the Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury fight REUTERS/Steve Marcus

Former world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson’s exhibition bout against Roy Jones Jr. has been pushed back to Nov. 28 from Sept. 12, The Ring magazine has said.

The eight-round fight, which will be part of a three-hour pay per view event shown on virtual social media and music platform Triller, had been moved because Tyson’s camp felt they could maximize revenue by rescheduling, the report added.

Tyson teased fans about a possible return in May when the 54-year-old posted videos of himself training.

The 51-year-old Jones, who has simultaneously held a record seven belts, last fought in 2018.


Read Next


EDITORS’ PICK


MOST READ

For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Source link Read More