Teenage internet star Ethan Peters, more famously known as Ethanisupreme, has died of a suspected drug overdose at the age of 17.
Peters, famous for his beauty videos on YouTube, was found dead in his bedroom by his father, Gerald Peters, on the morning of Sunday, Sept. 6, as per Fox News on the same day.
The father confirmed Peters’ passing to the news outlet and stated that he is certain his son died of an overdose, although no official ruling has been made public, as of writing.
Gerald, who found his son’s body at around 11 a.m., said that he was still able to talk to him at around 10 p.m. the night before. Specific details have yet to be disclosed but the father noted that “cancel culture” has “weighed heavy” on Peters’ heart.
“He wanted nothing but to inspire, make people laugh and push the boundaries of what is acceptable in our world for all young people,” Gerald was quoted as saying.
“He was [a] kind soul, who accepted everyone for who they were,” the father added.
Peters began making makeup and fashion videos on YouTube back in 2017 and was able to gain over 140,000 subscribers in around three years.
Fellow internet star and best friend Ava Louise meanwhile paid tribute to her friend via Instagram, also on Sept. 6, noting that Peters inspired her when she was alone and struggling back then.
“We had our last FaceTime call last night and I am so so so sorry I cut it short. I can’t breathe. This is the worst pain I ever felt. [I’ve] lost friends but never a best friend,” she lamented.
“Ethan saw me through my lows and celebrated my highs with me. He was so much