Billy Crawford, Cristine Reyes shun network ratings war

MANILA, Philippines — For actors Cristine Reyes and Billy Crawford, ratings and network competition is not a big deal during these times, saying it is the opportunity to work that matters most.

The two, who used to appear in ABS-CBN shows, are among the judges of the singing competition “Masked Singer Philippines” airing on TV5.

“I think, we all speak on behalf of every artist na lumipat or pumunta dito. We’re really just trying to spread humility as well and just be humbled na we are here and we are still given the opportunity to work,” Crawford said in a press conference.

“So the playing field para sa mga ratings, parang ‘yun ‘yung last na iniisip namin,” he added.

Screenshot from Viva Entertainment live

They were asked about their thoughts on possibly changing the playing field in terms of ratings upon their transfer to TV5 from ABS-CBN, which remains off the free television.

“It’s not about where you are, kung anong network…I mean all this happens all the time. I mean it’s hard at first pero we’re just happy na magsasama-sama kami ulit dito,” Crawford said.

Among the Kapamilya artists reportedly appearing on TV5 soon are Piolo Pascual and Catriona Gray for a variety show, Ian Veneracion and Dimples Romana for a sitcom, and more.

Billy Crawford, Cristine Reyes shun network ratings war

Screenshot from Viva Entertainment live

For her part, Reyes admitted it felt new to her being in another network but said it is not just all about competition.

“Personally, nakakapanibago po. Ako ‘yung experience ko, alam ko first time ko po dito sa TV5, pero parang wala po akong nakikitang competition between TV5 and GMA,” Reyes said.

“Kasi at this moment in time, [the] whole world, kailangan… mas maging magtulungan tayo kaysa ‘yung maging magka-kumpetensya,” she went on.

Other celebrities joining Crawford and Reyes in

Read More

Folayang to fight in ONE’s return to Singapore

Former lightweight champion Eduard Folayang. INQUIRER PHOTO/TRISTAN TAMAYO

MANILA, Philippines — Eduard Folayang’s comeback bid for a third world title shot begins this month as ONE Championship returns to Singapore for the first time since the coronavirus pandemic.

Folayang, the former two-time ONE lightweight world champion, hopes to get back on the winning track against Antonio Caruso of Australia on Oct. 30 in ONE: Reign of Dynasties at Singapore Indoor Stadium.

“I can say that on October 30th a few Filipino fighters from Team Lakay will be competing. I guess I’ll reveal one more fight on the card is Eduard Folayang versus Antonio Caruso from Australia. That will be also on the main card,” said ONE founder and CEO Chatri Sityodtong during a worldwide media conference Tuesday.

The 36-year-old Folayang (22-9) finds himself in a must-win against Caruso (7-1) if he is to put his name back into the title mix after dropping three of his last four bouts.

The Team Lakay legend is coming off a split decision loss to Pieter Buist last January in Manila.

Caruso, 29, also lost to Buist via unanimous decision in October of last year.

“The big news for us for ONE: Reign of Dynasties is, we have been holding back the location until this week and it’s going to be in Singapore,” Sityodtong said. “The big news for us is that we are working very closely with the Singapore Government.”

“This is a huge thing for us and we’re super excited and this card itself is also a very exciting one especially for Asia.”


Read Next

Barcelona blame coronavirus for 97 million-euro loss

Barcelona’s Argentine forward Lionel Messi gestures during the Spanish League football match between FC Barcelona and Sevilla FC at the Camp Nou stadium in Barcelona on October 4, 2020. (Photo by LLUIS GENE / AFP)

Barcelona lost 97 million euros ($114.3 million) last season due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to the financial results presented by the Catalan club on Monday.

“The effects of Covid-19 mean that we have 200 million euros less in income, net losses which amount to 97 million and that we do not have the 11 million in profits that we forecast,” said Jordi Moix, one of the club’s vice-presidents.

Barcelona had budgeted 1.047 billion euros in revenue for the 2019/2020 season, but the pandemic meant that they only earned 855 million euros, 203 million down on expectations.

Faced with the drop in revenue, the club tried to reduce its expenses, managing to save 74 million euros.

That figure includes 42 million thanks to the 70 percent salary cut agreed with the players, 30 million on management fees and two million linked to lower salaries for non-sporting personnel.

Last month Forbes magazine revealed that Lionel Messi was the best paid footballer in the world in 2020 with an income of $126 million from his club salary ($92 million for the 2020/2021 season) and $34 million from sponsors and other sources.



For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.

What you need to know about Coronavirus.




For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.





The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .


Read

Read More