Ethan Peters, a.k.a. Ethanisupreme. Image: screengrab from Instagram/@ethanissupreme

Teenage internet star Ethan Peters, more famously known as Ethanisupreme, has died of a suspected drug overdose at the age of 17.

Peters, famous for his beauty videos on YouTube, was found dead in his bedroom by his father, Gerald Peters, on the morning of Sunday, Sept. 6, as per Fox News on the same day.

The father confirmed Peters’ passing to the news outlet and stated that he is certain his son died of an overdose, although no official ruling has been made public, as of writing.

Gerald, who found his son’s body at around 11 a.m., said that he was still able to talk to him at around 10 p.m. the night before. Specific details have yet to be disclosed but the father noted that “cancel culture” has “weighed heavy” on Peters’ heart.

“He wanted nothing but to inspire, make people laugh and push the boundaries of what is acceptable in our world for all young people,” Gerald was quoted as saying.

“He was [a] kind soul, who accepted everyone for who they were,” the father added.

Peters began making makeup and fashion videos on YouTube back in 2017 and was able to gain over 140,000 subscribers in around three years.

Fellow internet star and best friend Ava Louise meanwhile paid tribute to her friend via Instagram, also on Sept. 6, noting that Peters inspired her when she was alone and struggling back then.

“We had our last FaceTime call last night and I am so so so sorry I cut it short. I can’t breathe. This is the worst pain I ever felt. [I’ve] lost friends but never a best friend,” she lamented.

“Ethan saw me through my lows and celebrated my highs with me. He was so much more than what you all saw online. His amazing parents have been parents to me when mine haven’t been the best, so please respect their privacy at this time,” Louise added.

Louise also took to Twitter to mourn her best friend’s death, saying that she wishes she “knew how bad it was,” referring to Peters’ drug addiction.

“My best friend in the entire world, my twin flame… the only person there for me when I had no one. I love you Ethan, I am at a loss for words,” she said in a tweet on Sept. 6.

Louise also claimed that the drugs Peters specifically overdosed on were Percocets, tweeting last Sunday, “2 percs killed my best friend. ONLY 2.”

“Don’t do them or if you wanna at least f*cking test them first. Be safe – you don’t want your best friend to feel what I feel right now,” she added.

Louise also disclosed that weeks prior to Peters’ death, she had been talking to him about his battle with substance abuse and that his loved ones were scared for him.

“Addiction is a disease. I had to pull Ethan aside in recent weeks and have talks with him about his usage. Everyone close to him was scared,” she said in a tweet also on Sept. 6.

Louise stated that she wishes she tried harder and that she should have “yelled at him more” and “didn’t enable a single pill he popped.”

Louise also stated that Peters, who had been battling drug addiction for years, did not intentionally overdose and that it was an “awful accident.”

“Ethan didn’t commit suicide everyone this was a complete accident trust me his family and other close friends when we say this he had a lot to look forward to, me & him had some very exciting plans,” she said on Twitter on yesterday, Sept. 7.

Those who are suffering from drug addiction or know anyone who may be in the Philippines can contact the Department of Health’s Substance Abuse Helpline1550. The helpline will be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday and accessible by landline or mobile phone. Ian Biong/JB

RELATED STORIES:

Mariah Carey laments Lloyd Cadena’s death, sends prayers to his family

YouTube vlogger Emman Nimedez dies after battle with leukemia


Read Next


EDITORS’ PICK


MOST READ

Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

Source link