Angel Locsin, Anne Curtis raise P700k on first day of ‘Shop & Share’ project

Angel Locsin, left, and Anne Curtis (Images: Instagram/@therealangellocsin, @annecurtissmith)

Angel Locsin and Anne Curtis raised around P700,000 on the opening day of their “Shop & Share” project, which aims to help underprivileged Filipinos get tested for COVID-19.

Locsin expressed her gratitude via Instagram earlier today, June 2, and said that people can still avail themselves of some of the remaining pre-loved items donated by various celebrities.

“Thank you so much for the amazing support! We still have a few items available for immediate purchase and a few active auctions!” Locsin said on Instagram earlier today, June 2.

The shop offers items such as Ogie Alcasid’s rare toy collectibles and footwear from Bea Alonzo, Vice Ganda, Liza Soberano, Karla Estrada and Vhong Navarro, among many others. Curtis’s Chanel bag and Locsin’s sports utility vehicle were also put up for sale.

Those interested can check out the shop’s official website at www.shopandshare.store. The schedule for the next batch of items will be announced soon, according to Locsin.

As stated on its official website, the project “is dedicated to help our fellow Filipinos who need to be tested during this COVID-19 pandemic” and aims “to cover the expense for testing kits to the underprivileged who are affected by this global crisis.”

“We pursue this mission humbly, with compassion and kindness in hopes of aiding the government in increasing testing for COVID-19 in our own little way,” it added.

Locsin and Curtis originally started the initiative back in 2009 as an effort to help the victims of Typhoon Ondoy.  /ra

RELATED STORIES:

Angel Locsin, Anne Curtis raise funds for mass testing through revived ‘Shop and Share’ effort

Ogie Alcasid lets go of toy collection to raise funds for mass testing



For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.

Read More

Gragson wiggles past Allgaier to win Xfinity race at Bristol

BRISTOL, Tenn. — Noah Gragson squeezed past JR Motorsports teammate Justin Allgaier with four laps remaining, a move that caused Allgaier to crash, and Gragson held on at Bristol Motor Speedway for his second win of the season.

Gragson also won the season-opening race at Daytona to begin his second year with Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s race team. Gragson was winless in 2019 in his first full season in NASCAR’s second-tier series.

His victory Monday night was set up by a caution with 13 laps remaining that wiped away Allgaier’s lead. The Chevrolet teammates lined up side-by-side for the restart with seven laps remaining but Allgaier cleared him on the restart.

Gragson chased him and as he passed Allgaier for the lead, Allgaier wiggled into the wall and crashed for a caution.

“I really apologize to Justin and the (number) 7 team, that’s not how I want to race,” Gragson said. “I saw a position open up, he kind of slipped off the bottom and I tried to slip to the bottom and I just got too loose.

“This track is like ice right now. We are slipping and sliding.”

Gragson had to race Chase Briscoe and Brandon Jones in a two-lap overtime finish but beat them both to claim the checkered flag. Gragson climbed the fence at empty Bristol in celebration.

He joined Briscoe as the only drivers with two Xfinity Series victories this year and praised crew chief David Elenz for sticking with him and helping him improve at Bristol. He had one top-10 in two Xfinity races at Bristol last year, and one top-10 in a pair of visits to the bullring in the Truck Series in 2018.

“I was terrible here in trucks and Xfinity,” Gragson said. “My crew chief chief believed in me and he wanted

Read More

UFC president Dana White says Jon Jones will determine his own future

UFC president Dana White says it’s up to light-heavyweight champion Jon (Bones) Jones whether he wants to walk away from the sport.

Jones, rated the top pound-for-pound fighter on the UFC roster, told his 2.3 million Twitter followers Sunday that he is giving up his title over a pay dispute with the UFC.

On Monday, White weighed in with a brief statement.

“Jon Jones is one of the greatest to ever do it,” said White. “The decision he wants to make regarding his career is up to him. The reality is that he’s made enough money from fighting that he’s now in the position to retire and never work again in his life.”

Jones, 32, made other headlines Sunday when video showed him taking away spray cans from two youths during civil unrest in Albuquerque, N.M., where he trains.

“As a young black man, trust me, I’m frustrated as well but this is not the way,” Jones wrote on Instagram “We are starting to make a bad situation worse.”

He also shared video of him helping with cleanup efforts, carrying plywood to board up buildings.

Jones (26-1-0 with one-no contest) had presented his side of the beef with the UFC via social media

He had been eyeing a super-fight with hard-punching Francis Ngannou, currently ranked second among heavyweight contenders, but said the UFC did not want to pay him enough.

Speaking after Saturday’s UFC show in Las Vegas, White said the fighter wanted “crazy” money, citing demands of US$15 million, $20 million and $30 million.

Jones denied those figures.

“At no point did I ever demand anything from you Dana, I simply asked for a super fight and asked to be compensated for it,” he said in another tweet.

He said he was done being champion.

“To the light-heavyweight title

Read More